What is a Wellness Home?
What are wellness homes?
Stress, food habits and environment all have an impact on our health. A wellness home is a space that is created keeping in mind the environment that a person needs for healthier living.
Wellness homes offer home buyers a healthier and sustainable living space. Most of these wellness homes concentrate on a few basic factors like air, water, light, nourishment, fitness, mind and comfort.
Wellness home features may include:
- Pure “hospital-grade” air and clean water using advanced purification systems or by using indoor self-irrigating vertical gardens
- Vitamin C packed shower filters that remove any traces of chlorine in the water
- Pathways based on reflexology
- Aromatherapy dispensers fitted at many locations
- Homes designed for ‘wellness’ also pay a lot of attention to the lighting inside the house, so that it energises you during the day and induces better sleep at night by regulating your melatonin levels.
- Groups of homes, or wellness communities, may have fitness and meditation centres and in-house nutritionists available on the premises.
- Some communities even have organic farms that provide unadulterated and chemical-free produce to the occupants
Most of these features are aimed at attracting health-conscious consumers who would be willing to pay what is needed to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Keep this mind when you are bringing products in to your home as well. Low VOC paint, natural wood furniture and sustainable pillows and rugs. Click here to view Urban Re-Leaf Home sustainable pillow collection. We specialize in hemp and sustainable fabrics like Mud Cloth and linen.